Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 12 - Colorado Springs


It is nice to be back at a state park.  Cheyenne Mountain SP is the newest state park in CO.  We have a beautiful view of the city of Colorado Springs on one side and Cheyenne Mt. on the other.  The park is laid out well and has concrete sites.  That makes it easy to level the camper! 

The last time I was in Col. Springs was when I was in high school on a choir trip.  We came for a competition and also did some touristy stuff.  That was a fun trip!  This time, I have wanted to repeat some things and also do some new things.  

One thing that I think we did was go to the Flying W Ranch.  (I am confusing this a little with going to the Bar D Wranglers dinner and show in Durango while visiting my grandparents once, but I think I’ve been to this one too.)  Anyway, we went.  We toured the western “town” (sampled some biscuits, saw an Indian dance), ate a chuckwagon dinner and were entertained by 4 very talented musicians.  Brad made friends with a couple of them and was called out from the stage.  Carmen was embarrassed by the attention.  All in all it was a really fun evening for all of us!  (We had to buy the CD - the girls LOVED the music!  Roy Rogers, Sons of the Pioneers and yodeling!)  Happy TRAILS!


2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. And I am SO excited about Carmen's book!! and the CD.

    ReplyDelete