Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 9 - The Mountains


We are IN Colorado.  I mean in the middle of it.  At the first sight of the Rockies, Carmen said, “They are so big!”  As we got closer she literally gasped; a chin-dropping gasp.  They really are impressive.

We have had some minor trouble with the sway bar setup on the camper hitch.  Two days in a row now we have had to stop before we really got going and loosen bolts and reposition and retighten.  It’s been a little frustrating not being able to just get on the road and go.  Maybe we will eventually get all the kinks worked out.  (And the ants kicked out!)

We are at a KOA in Alamosa, CO about 30 mi from Great Sand Dunes NP.  We plan to head over there first thing in the morning.  Tonight the girls swam in the pool, I made a grocery run and Brad just sort of recovered from driving in the wind.  I promise we really are about to get to some exciting things!  I want to explore a photo upload site so I can post my pics when we start seeing neat stuff!  Any suggestions?

Happy travels!


2 comments: