Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 102 (Aug 26) – Wapakoneta, OH


I like to say Wapakoneta.  I’m not really sure how to say it, but I like it.  We are at a KOA.  We got up and got out of Indiana this morning.  We really did enjoy the lake.

We drove about 3 ½ hours and stopped at one campground that looked a little scary – broken beer bottles in the bathroom floor (vault toilets) – no thanks.  We drove on to the KOA just down the road.  This one is very nice – probably one of our favorites.  They have a big pool and hand dipped ice cream.

This is also the birthplace of Neil Armstrong who, we just found out, passed away yesterday.  Wow.  That makes me realize how far we’ve come (technology) in such a short period of time.  I am grateful for smart and courageous people like Neil Armstrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment