Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 103 (Aug 27) – Rainy Day


We decided to stay at this KOA one more day because it is so nice.  There are some campgrounds I can’t wait to review because they are so bad (not many), but there are some that I can’t wait to review because they are so great!  We have been fortunate to have more of the latter than the former.  This is one of the great ones (Wapakoneta KOA).  I won’t review them here and now, but trust me, they’re good.  So we stayed and it rained most of the morning.  A little disappointing, but I got to go to Walmart which was nice.  Weird, right?  Brad’s been doing a lot of the grocery shopping lately, which is helpful, but I’ve sort of missed it.  When I got back, he went to town to run some errands (post office, antique mall).  Meanwhile the girls and I played mini golf, which they usually charge for, but since it was still too misty and cool to swim, she said we could do it for free!  Then we did math, which was not as fun, but they did have ice cream as a reward.  Then the girls watched Jurassic Park for the 3rd time.  It was almost too scary for Carmen the first time, but now she’s fine.  The KOA owner also looked through the local paper and showed me where the Armstrong Air and Space museum is offering free admission through Labor Day in honor of Neil Armstrong’s life.  I think we will run over in the morning before we leave!  Brad and I worked on our itinerary for the next couple of weeks.  We need to have reservations for this weekend (Labor Day).  We got a good start, but I have to make a few more phone calls and decisions in the morning.  Tonight everyone wanted pizza “so I wouldn’t have to cook.”  Fine by me!  We ordered one right from the KOA office.  She made it fresh and brought it to our site.  It was so good we ordered a second one!  We finished the night with a few hands of Phase 10.  Fun family times!

2 comments: