Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 105 (Aug 29) – Cleveland Museum of Art


Today we got up and casually got ready for our trip into Cleveland.  We waited till after rush hour was over.  Then we drove to the Museum of Art.  It was free and had a really nice permanent exhibit of all eras and from all over.  Brad mostly wanted to go for the religious art.  The displays were state of the art and the pieces were varied and elegant.  We saw the ancient exhibit and medieval through some Renaissance, but the kids burned out after that, so we decided to save the modern part for the Met in NY.  I think impressionism might be my favorite so I am looking forward to that.  The girls seemed to enjoy it.  I told Carmen I love looking at her looking at art.  She reads the placard and then stands back and takes in the view.  Audra enjoys it too, but she had a small accident.  She hit herself in the eye with the corner of a laminated info card in the armor room.  I knew it really hurt.  When she was finally able to open her eye, it looked like there was something in it, but I think it might be scratched.  It hasn’t bothered her too much, just watery and slightly red in the white part.  She says it feels likes something is in it when she blinks and it hurts every now and then.  Her vision seems fine.  We decided to let her sleep on it and see how it feels tomorrow.  Tonight the redness was pretty much gone and it wasn’t hurting anymore.  Who knew art was dangerous?

We had a nice evening by the fire.  I am reading a John Muir book (My First Summer in the Sierra), but it gets a little slow at times and makes me a little sad, so I started “The Help” and cannot put it down.

Niagara Falls here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment