Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 89 (Aug 13) – Hanging out in Wall


Audra and I went to the Drug Store for coffee and donuts.  She has wanted to like coffee for a while now and finally thinks she likes it!  I am more than happy to buy her as many cups of 5-cent coffee as she wants.  It’s very good coffee, not too strong.  Then we went to the little grocery.  We brought Carmen back a donut.

The girls swam a little, but said the pool was too cold and quit after about 45 min.  Brad worked on music and then worked on our broken shower.  I don’t know which frustrated him more.  The girls and I did some school.  Then Brad and I cleaned out the back of the truck – major job, but it is spic and span and organized now!

Brad wasn’t very hungry tonight and I didn’t want to cook so the girls and I went back to the drug store.  I’ve got to get out of here before I gain 20 pounds.  I had a hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy.  It was real roast beef on white sandwich bread with a side of mashed potatoes and brown gravy poured over it all.  I’ve never had anything like it, but it was delicious.

Now I am sitting outside at night in this wonderful weather listening to our neighbors play guitar.  The first guy was playing beautiful, soft music and singing so gently.  It sounded Spanish.  He lives in Okinawa.  Then his neighbor came over and said ‘I wish I had brought my guitar!’  Now he is playing and singing loud blues music.  Give it back to the first guy!!  Oh, there, that’s better, a Mexican ballad.  He’s singing in Spanish.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment