Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 155 (Oct 18) – A Little Shopping


I took Carmen shopping today for a new swimsuit.  Hers is old and stretched out.  It keeps getting sand stuck in the lining.  It is hard to find swimsuits in October, even at the beach.  Everyone was very helpful and kept suggesting other places to try.  I felt like we were on a wild goose chase.  Someone finally suggested Dick’s.  I called first and they had some left.  We didn’t get back to camp till after 1:00.  Fortunately I had suggested Carmen work on school in the truck so she was almost done when we got back.

We saw a huge jellyfish on the beach.  It is the biggest one I have ever seen in the wild.  10 inches in diameter.  There were a couple more smaller ones/pieces along the edge of the water.  I don’t think the girls will be getting in the water much more now.

I looked for season 2 of Brady Bunch while we were shopping.  We didn’t find that, but Carmen spotted the BBC TV version of “Pride and Prejudice” at Target.  I treated myself and Audra and I started it tonight.  Carmen started the Kiera Knightly movie version that I have on my phone.  She has tried to watch it before and wasn’t that interested, but she watched more than half tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment