Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 107 (Aug 31) – Wolcott, NY


Still heading east.  Drove about 2 ½ hours to Cherry Grove Campground.  Lots of extended stay sites, but we were toward the front.  Brad took the girls swimming and I went to Bob’s Grocery.

I finished “The Help” today.  Read it in three days.  I can’t remember the last time I read a book that fast.  It was so compelling.  It made me think about so many things:  how I treat people, standing up for what is right, being courageous, being a good friend, working for justice, doing things that matter, being diligent in prayer… I will be thinking about this book longer than it actually took to read it.  It is also very entertaining!  Read it if you haven’t.  (I’m probably the only one left who hasn’t read it.)

2 comments:

  1. It's on my reading list...soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice - It's been on my reading list (and my nightstand) for a while. I love it and look forward to reading it again. (which I don't normally do).

      Delete