Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 110 (Sep 3) – Resting


Today is Labor Day and we are resting from our Labors.  That would mostly be ‘driving’.  We have traveled several days in a row and needed a break.  As busy as campgrounds were this weekend, everyone pulled out today and left this one very vacant, so it was no problem to stay another night.  We also used our KOA points we had built up to get $25 off.  Good, because this one is pretty pricey compared to most.

We had no plans for today.  Late breakfast – pancakes and bacon.  Girls played at the playground.  I took a walk and found a place to wade in the river.  Brad and I both sat “under the awning” beside the office to use wifi.  It’s the only spot in the campground that seems to work.  We ate a late lunch and took the girls to the river to wade.  Then we got set up to watch “Star Trek IV.”  That took some doing because we are right by the road, which makes it impossible to hear.  We didn’t really want to crowd into our bed this time.  Plus it was a little warm in the camper.  After trying several different places we ended up in the truck running the sound through the stereo.  It worked just fine.  It was the girls’ first Star Trek movie.  I think they enjoyed it.  I remember my Aunt Shelia taking me to several Star Trek movies, including that one.  She is quite a bit younger than my dad and was still living at home when we visited my grandparents in the summer.  It often seemed to coincide with the release of the next Star Trek movie.  I loved that she would take me with her.  Sometimes the little things make a big impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment