Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 122 (Sep 15) – Gameday


We extended our stay here partly to wait on Brad’s laptop (which apple is now saying the warranty will not cover because they see evidence of water damage. Aarrgghh!) and partly because Brad was getting good reception of CBS, which is the channel the AL-AR game is being broadcast on today.  It’s also way past laundry time.  I used the washers and dryers at the bathhouse - on the front porch.  That was a first.

This morning I took the girls back to Freeport to get our last stash of Wicked Whoopie Pies.  Banana Cream, Mint, Chocolate Chip, Red Velvet, mini whoopee-doo-das (mini whoopee pies dipped in chocolate – oh yes), and a mini lemon.  Oh whoopee pie, I will miss you.  But I bought a Pillsbury kit so I can make my own when I get home!

When we returned, Brad went back to Portland (The Maine Mall) to pick up his laptop (unfixed) and to get a new kitchen faucet.  By the time he got back, the AL game had started.  The reception got worse and worse till he finally went and listened to the rest in the truck.  Then he tried to switch out the faucet and realized the new one wouldn’t fit.  And today we realized our AC at home is messed up again, or still, and was leaking water into the basement.  I could apply an Alexander-ism (as in “the Terrible, Horrible No Good, Very Bad Day”), but instead I am applying and Anne-ism (“of Green Gables”).  I am imagining that all of our stuff works exceptionally well.

We ended the night watching three more episodes of the Brady Bunch and eating choc chip cookies with milk, and coffee for the grown-ups.  Good beginning, rocky middle, nice ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment