Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 15 (June 1) - Starting Week 3


In ways it doesn’t seem like we have been gone for 2 weeks already.  It feels shorter than our TX trip.  But in other ways, it seems like forever since our first night.  All is well.

Today we extended our stay at Cheyenne Mtn. SP.  It is just so nice and serene here, but we’ve spent lots of time running around and not much time enjoying the park!  So today we did.  We had beautiful weather to relax, read, (do school!) and hike.

Tomorrow we head to historic Leadville, CO where my mom grew up.  (It is not historic because of my mom - well I guess to my family it is.  There are other things that make it historic.)  It is a mining town that is nestled amongst the two highest peaks in CO – Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive.  Can’t wait to see the places I have heard stories about!


No comments:

Post a Comment