Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 35 - Slowing Down


I think we may be going at too fast a pace, so we slowed down a bit.  Today was our day to rest.  We slept till 8:30, then had pancakes, bacon and French toast (because I only had a little pancake mix left).  I turned the bed into the dinette – first time on this trip – and the girls did school and played inside almost all day.  That is rare, but it was still a little too windy for outside school and I wanted them to have a break from the sun.  No pool today.

Brad worked in the pavilion right across from us.  It is sheltered from the sun and wind and has electricity!

This evening, Brad popped popcorn and I made my tortilla/hummus/lettuce wrap and we headed to the park for a sunset hike.  On the way, we stopped and got sodas as a treat!  It was a great view as the sun went down.  We only saw a few other people.  It is a quiet park.

We got back and I got the girls settled in bed while Brad started a fire.  That was nice.  We haven’t had one in a while from being at our friends’ house, to Arches (too hot and there was a fire ban – we actually saw smoke from a neighborhood house/brush fire while we were there.)  It’s also the first time we’ve had a fire without the girls.  We felt sneaky!

It’s been a good, quiet day.  Just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment