Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 23 - Leaving RMNP


Today was a “travel day,” but it was unique because we traveled through the park so we were still sightseeing.  At the highest point we were 12,110 ft in elevation.  Those were some nice views!  And finally we saw snow up close and personal.  Coloradoans are sad because they had such a dry winter.  Their last big snow was in March.  It is very dry.  Even the tops of the “fourteeners” don’t look snow-covered like they should this time of year.  We drove 54 miles today and it took us about an hour and 45 minutes.  You don’t drive fast at 12,000 ft on hairpin curves!  It was a beautiful drive.  Brad is my hero – I haven’t driven once.

We stopped at an Arapahoe National Forest campground (Stillwater) because they had hookups and hot showers.  The hot showers were not so hot.  Coldest shower of my life.  The girls showered in the camper.  Wish I had!

We have water and electric, but no wifi.  I will be uploading my last several entries soon I hope!


Leaving RMNP

No comments:

Post a Comment