Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 29 - Moab, UT


Thursday, June 14, 2012

We were off early in the morning to try to find a camping spot at Arches NP.  It’s a 4:45 drive so we left shortly after 8:00 AM.  Goodbye to the Burches for now.

Arches has one campground with 51 reservable sites.  I thought I read on-line that it is half reserve-only and half first come/first serve, but I was wrong.  And those 51 sites are all reserved through August 15.  I am okay with this, this time, because they don’t have hookups (no A/C in the camper) and they don’t have water to fill the camper tanks and it is 100 degrees!  So I am pretty happy in my little KOA spot, right by the pool.

We booked the KOA from the Arches’ Visitor Center parking lot.  Then we went in and grabbed the Junior Ranger books.  We watched the film about the park and looked through the displays and the gift shop.  That's it for today.

We went to set up camp, make our plan and swim.  Big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment