Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 72 (July 27) – Wild Rose RV Park


I think we have found a new home.  We are right next to the laundry, so I got all that done last night.  We spent the morning doing school in the sweet little rec room that is decked out with a kitchen, two dining room tables and a cozy TV viewing area.  Lon and Arlene are the managers here.  Lon has made friends with Brad and even had his picture made with him.  I think it’s the music-celebrity thing.  Lon is a picker.  We also met Judi, the assistant manager.  Carmen went to the garden with her to help her pick the days haul.  Brad had washed her bread pans last night when he washed our dishes in the kitchen, so she gave us some zucchini bread (with craisins and apricots – yum) and Carmen earned us some zucchini and cucumbers.  Brad went shopping, including the grocery.  I had him get me some baking ingredients since we have access to an oven.  I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and my Granny’s zucchini bread recipe.  Brad said the cookies are the best he’s ever tasted.  They really are yummy (Climb Nashville vegetarian cookbook recipe).  I borrowed a cookie sheet from Arlene and bread pans from Judi.  This place makes me happy.  I gave Arlene some cookies when I returned her pan to her.

We spent our evening in the rec room too.  Yes – we have taken it over.  But we got to watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics!  I am perfectly happy not having access to a TV, except for things like the Olympics.  So we decided to stay one more day here to watch the first day of competition.  Plus, Lon said he would fire up his grill and give us some hamburgers and buns.  J  The girls and I stayed up till midnight to see the torch being lit.

P.S. We had to replace the blower on our AC at home.  Bummer.
Wild Rose RV Park

1 comment:

  1. How nice to find this place!
    I haven't signed into comment on pictures, but they are all so great, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete