Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 73 (July 28) – Relaxing


Today is Saturday.  No school.  I started the day by cleaning the camper.  Somehow, we have more stuff stuffed in there than we have the whole trip.  Partly it’s because we have picked up a few things along the way (a fan, some glasses, bowls, etc.), but also, my grocery list yesterday may have been a little over the top.  Plus there’s the 2 loaves of zucchini bread and 2 dozen cookies.  For the most part, I do not miss much about home.  I do not miss my house or my stuff.  I do miss my oven every once in a while.  It was nice to bake!

After cleaning, I joined the girls in the rec room to watch the Olympics.  Brad had gone to an RV supply store to get chemicals and front stabilizer jacks.  Our trailer is pretty shaky sometimes depending on the ground cover of our sites (grass - asphalt – gravel).  So far it seems like the jacks help a lot.

Talked to Dixie (sister-in-law), gave myself a pedicure, took the girls to the gas station to get a pack of candy (Audra for memorizing the prepositions, Carmen for memorizing her 1-3 multiplication facts), ate hamburgers, watched more Olympics.  It’s a little sad to be leaving tomorrow, but nature calls.  Actual Nature.


P.S.  I have started reading John Muir's "My First Summer in the Sierra."

No comments:

Post a Comment