Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 166 (Oct 29) – All Day Campfire


It was pretty cold and windy today - high in the upper 50s.  We started a fire early and kept it going all day.  We all gathered wood again and got a huge stockpile going.  We never even had to use the bundle we bought.  The wood is pretty wet, so it takes a while to catch and burns slowly, but once the coals get hot enough it stays going all day.  We had school and the girls played while Brad and I took turns tending the fire.  I think I read a little, but it was too cold to concentrate.  I have started “A Wrinkle in Time,” one of my favorites in school.  Just when I had supper ready, it started sprinkling.  We popped up our tent and ate quickly before it got dark.  It is nice to have the heated camper to crawl into as it gets dark outside.  Once the sun goes down, it feels really cold really fast.

Falls Lake SRA NC pics

No comments:

Post a Comment