Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 172 (Nov 4) – Goodbye and Hello


We had to say goodbye to the Schwiegers today.  We gave lots of hugs and said “see you soon!”  We hung around the house a bit after they left.  Brad and the girls went to the pasture to metal detect.  I sat on the porch listening to the silence.  It was a funny, dated house on the inside, but plenty big.  The outside had a huge deck that almost circled the entire house and was surrounded by gigantic trees.

Then we drove down the very steep and narrow hill to hitch up our “home” that we had left at the bottom of the driveway.  We went back to Misty River to wait for the Links!  While we were waiting, we had some great football throwing/game playing time in the gigantic field behind our camper.  When I heard Troy and Katie’s truck (it’s a diesel), my heart was happy again.  More friends and “Hellos”!  They were able to park just around the corner from us at the tent sites.  The girls were so happy to see Thomas and Gretchen.  We visited by the fire until it was very late and very cold and we finally all turned in.  I had trouble getting warm.  I think I let myself get too cold.

Misty River Cabins and RV Resort


No comments:

Post a Comment